Deep Carbon Science from Around the World:
* Once a Twinkling Star, Now a "Diamond Planet"
* Carbon Disulfide Squeezed into Highly Conducting Polymers
* New Form of Superhard Carbon Observed
* Funding Approved for PCC Directorate Proposal
* DL Directorate's "Census of Deep Life" in the News
* Scientists Elected as 2011 AGU Fellows
* C-DEBI Support for Deep Biosphere Research, Postdocs, and Education & Outreach
* DCO Postdoctoral Positions
* Intl. Conference on Gas Geochemistry: Nov. 28-Dec. 4, 2011, La Jolla, CA
* DCO Town Hall Meeting at Fall AGU Meeting: Dec. 5, 2011, San Francisco, CA
* DCO Executive Committee Meeting: Sept. 22-23, 2011, New York City
* Eastern Section of the AAPG Meeting: Sept. 24-28, 2011, Washington, D.C.
* AIRAPT Conference: Sept. 25-30, 2011, Mumbai, India
* GL-GRC Inter-Institutional Science Symposium: Sept. 19-21, Washington, D.C.